top of page

Canadian Immigration for French Speakers

Many people hold the misconception that French speakers can only apply for immigration programs in French-speaking provinces such as Quebec and New Brunswick, or programs exclusively tailored for French-speaking skilled workers. However, this belief is entirely false.

Canada is a bilingual country with English and French as its official languages. While not all Canadians are bilingual, both languages are accepted at the administrative level. This means that in all federal programs and every single provincial immigration program, including those in (almost) entirely English-speaking provinces, you can always submit your French language test as evidence of your language proficiency.


For instance, a Moroccan individual who solely speaks French and doesn't know a word of English, can still apply for a program in British Columbia and provide his TEF Canada language test as long as he meets the other criteria.

French Tests & CLB Calculator

  • Accepted French Exams

  • CLB Calculation Tool

  • Minimum CLB for Different Programs

Study in Québec

  • Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) 

  • Primary/Secondary Education

  • Post-Secondary Education

PR Programs outside Québec

  • Express Entry

  • Ontario

  • New Brunswick

  • British Columbia

Work Permit for French-Speakers

  • Francophone Mobility: LMIA-Exempt Work Permit 

  • Québec: Facilitated LMIA Process

Québec PR Programs

  • Québec Experience Program (PEQ)

  • Regular Skilled Worker Program (RSWP)

  • Pilot Program

French Training

  • TEF Preparation 

  • French for Work

  • French Language Exchange Partner

Old houses

Immigrate to Canada as a French Speaker

bottom of page